Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Book 2 Title and Release Date News!

It's official! SKY JUMPERS book 2 has a title! And a release date!

***Drum roll for the title****
Which, I've gotta say, makes me pretty happy. You see, most books I write don't have a title for a very long time. But back when Sky Jumpers was called Through the Bomb's Breath (which was its title for a very long time), I came up with a title for book 2 that would go along with it-- Across the Forbidden Flats. And that was BEFORE I EVEN STARTED WRITING IT. I know. It shocked me, too. So to have the final, official title have three of the four original words (especially considering what it took to get Sky Jumpers' title just right), is downright magical.

***Drum roll for the release date***

One day shy of a year after book one. The closest Tuesday to being exactly a year. Awesome, no?

And guess what? The paperback of Sky Jumpers comes out that same day!

No, I don't have a cover to share. No, I haven't even seen it myself. But the illustrator doing it is the same one that created the cover for book 1 so YES! I am dying to see what he comes up with! I have visions of waking up Christmas morning to an email with the cover image attached.

photo credit: erin m via photopin cc

Maybe I'll have my daughter wrap up my laptop the night before and place it under the tree. My boys don't care at all if they know what they're getting for Christmas, but my daughter is a big believer in being surprised on Christmas morning. Plus, she still believes in Santa, so with her on my side, I just might get my wish. ;)

What do you have visions of waking up Christmas morning to?

11 comments:

ilima said...

Yay! so exciting!

Laura S. said...

Congratulations, Peggy! Of course I still believe in Santa (better to believe than not, I say!) and I'm hoping he brings me a 1950s-style vintage typewriter. We'll see what Santa can find! ;)

Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats, Peggy! That's awesome news.

Nicole said...

Oh, that'd be the best Christmas present ever! Congrats, Peggy!

S.P. Bowers said...

Congrats on the title and the release date!

Mostly I'm excited to watch my kids on Christmas. This is going to be so. Much. Fun.

Robin said...

Oh, great title-and kudos for finding it before you wrote the book. I hope you get your Christmas wish!

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

Love the title! Excited for you. :)

BECKY said...

I'm so happy and excited for you, Peggy! You deserve all good things! The only visions I hope to wake up to on Christmas morning:
1) My memoir being on "the" best seller list
2) Snow flakes!

Hey...it's a Christmas wish, right?!

P.S. Did you forget to share some scrumptious looking cookies with us today?? :)

Iain said...

It just gets better and better.
I'm so excited for you :o)

Donna K. Weaver said...

I have visions of a mini-family reunion with half of our grandkids. In a tropical location.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS, Peggy!